The Perfect Cup of Cold Brew
With these scorching hot summer days, a cool and refreshing cup of coffee is the best way to start your morning. Save some money and create your own perfect cup of cold brew, specific to your taste buds, with this amazingly simple recipe that’ll make you a week’s worth of deliciousness.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Rest Time: 18 hrs+
Total Time:18 hrs 30 min+
- 8 ounces of any of Leaner Creamer’s Artisanal Coffees
- 8 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite Leaner Creamer
- Coffee grinder (or use the grinder at a grocery store)
- Paper coffee filter or thin cloth
- Large jars (preferably mason jars)
- Fine Mesh Strainer
Makes: 2 quarts of Cold Brew/8 cups of Cold Brew
- Grind the coffee beans into the texture of raw sugar. This is a very important step as it affects the bitterness of your cold brew so make sure you get the texture just right! You can do the grinding in batches if you have a small grinder. And if you don’t own a grinder you can use the big grinder at your grocery store and set the preference to course/French press.
- Combine the water and grinded coffee beans in a jar. Add the ground coffee into a 3 oz jar first and then mix in the water.
- Stir the two ingredients until well mixed. It is incredibly important that you stir this mixture well and make sure that every piece of coffee gets wet.
- Once it is mixed well, steep the mixture overnight in the fridge. Cover and steep for at least 18 hrs. This will ensure that the liquid has fully absorbed the rich flavor of your favorite coffee.
- Prepare to strain the mixture. Take a fine mesh strainer and line it with your cloth or paper coffee filter of choice—we used a thin cloth napkin for our recipe. Then, take that and place it over a mason jar.
- Strain the coffee concentrate. Slowly pour the mixture over the cloth, allowing gravity to do the work—do not press or squeeze the coffee grounds in your strainer. You may have to use multiple mason jars to store all of your cold brew.
- Ready to Serve! Fill your glasses with ice and half a glass of water then pour your cold brew in and add a splash of your favorite Leaner Creamer Coffee Creamer!
There’s nothing better than waking up and being able to have a nice rejuvenating sip of coffee first thing in the morning! Let us know what your favorite way to drink coffee is!