- Half of a cup of butter, room temperature
- Two thirds of a cup of granulated sugar
- Three large eggs
- Two tablespoons of vanilla extract
- One and a half cups of organic flour ( can use gluten free flour)
- One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- One fourth of a teaspoon of salt
- One fourth of a cup of strong chilled coffee
- TwoThree tablespoons of Leaner Creamer (diluted)
- Eight ounces of softened cream cheese (can use dairy free cream cheese for a lactose free option)
- Half of a cup of softened butter
- Three cups of sifted powdered sugar
- One third of a cup of room temperature coffee
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a handheld or stand mixer to mix together butter and sugar until you obtain a fluffy texture, do not stop until you get fluffy texture.
Once the texture is fluffy, mix in all eggs, and vanilla.
In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Mix together coffee and Leaner Creamer mixture. With mixer on low speed, add in one third of the flour mixture, one eighth cup of coffee mixture, another 1/3 of flour mixture. Repeat the steps until you run out of both mixtures.
Do not over mix, or it will be runny. Mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
Fill cupcake liners, recommended two third of the way.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool
For the frosting, combine all ingredients except for powdered sugar in large bowl. Then once evenly incorporated, mix in powdered sugar.