- Two cups of organic flour (gluten free flour may be substituted)
- One fourth of a cup of organic sugar
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One fourth of a tablespoon of baking powder
- Six tablespoons of organic cold butter
- One third of a cup of lactose free milk
- One fourth of a cup of fresh lemon juice
- One tablespoon of lemon zest
- One cup of fresh blueberries
- One third of a cup of room temperature coffee
- Two tablespoons of Leaner Creamer (diluted)
- Half of a cup of powdered sugar
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- A pinch of lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Cut butter, and crumble into dry ingredients. Do this until the mixture is crumbly.
Stir in milk, coffee, lemon zest, and lemon juice, until moistened.
Fold blueberries into mixture
Mold batter into one inch thick circle, lightly flour counter so batter doesn't stick.
Cut into eight equal pieces, optional step: brush top of scones with melted butter for golden crust.
Bake for seventeen minutes, till golden brown, Cool until scones are room temperature.
For Glaze, combine ingredients. If the consistency is too thick, add lemon juice!