- One and one third cups of whole wheat flour ( You may substitute gluten free flour)
- One fourth cup of organic granulated sugar
- One and one third teaspoons of baking powder
- One fourth teaspoon salt
- two eggs separated
- three tablespoons of Leaner Creamer
- One third of a cup of coffee
- One fourth of a cup of coconut oil
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One fourth of a cup of chopped almonds, you will need extra for the topping.
- One fourth of a cup of chopped pecans, you will need extra for the topping.
- One fourth of a cup of chopped hazelnuts, you will need extra for the topping.
- Maple syrup for serving
Mix together coffee and leaner creamer, allow to sit so it can hit room temperature.
In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, beat together egg yolks, milk, butter, room temperature coffee mixture, and salt.
Pour egg yolk mixture into dry mixture, make sure they’re no lumps and everything is incorporated. Mix in the array of chopped nuts.
In another separate bowl, mix egg whites until you form soft peaks, we prefer using the medium speed to achieve this.
Fold egg whites into batter, do not over mix!
Heat a skillet, or a griddle to the preferred temperature of 375 degrees F.
Add butter to coat pan, drop pancake batter, one third of a cup of batter at a time.
When the pancakes are golden brown, they are ready to serve. Top with leftover nuts, and maple syrup. We recommend that you heat the maple syrup in the microwave for 10 seconds.