Yummy Fruit and their Health Benefits
By Jessica Williams
Everyone's heard that they should "eat more fruit", but what health benefits do these tasty treats provide? Here's why you should be incorporating more colorful, delicious fruit into your diet! They're more than just a delicious, sweet snack!
- Grapefruits: Grapefruits help decrease your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Studies show grapefruits help lower insulin, and also help with weight loss as well.
- Blueberries: Blueberries help boost your immune system, and fight infection. They also help improve memory and learning thanks to the anti-inflammatory effects that they have!
- Apples: Apples are great to help lower LDL cholesterol levels. However, it helps raise HDL cholesterol, which is the good kind. Some studies even show that apples help protect against asthma!
- Tangerines: Tangerines help prevent coronary artery disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are awesome cancer fighters. It gets better--strawberries also help protect against inflammatory and blood clotting effects of a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal, potentially decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Cranberries: Who knew a fruit could be good for your teeth! Cranberries help fight bacteria that causes cavities. They also help prevent UTIs and stomach ulcers--and they taste great too!
- Grapes: Grapes help fight inflammation, and inflammation leads to type 2 diabetes, hardening of the arteries, and high blood pressure. They are also filled with antioxidants that have a myriad of health benefits!