Hey folks, so Halloween is coming up and you know what that means right? PUMPKIN FLAVORED everything. Yup pumpkin casserole, pumpkin spice lattes, and pumpkin muffins! I know it can seem like pumpkin is now intruding into your life but if you’re like me you let it because it seems like its pumpkin season! And to continue the pumpkin festivities below is a wonderful delicious pumpkin muffin recipe!
BONUS: THIS RECIPE IS SO EASY TO MAKE!
What you need:
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Leaner Creamer Original
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (You can also make your own)
2 Cups Rolled Oats
½ Cup Coconut Sugar (or ¼ Brown Sugar)
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Chocolate Chips
Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400F and prepare muffin pan. (Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line muffin pan with paper liners and then pray with cooking spray).
2. Add all ingredients (EXCEPT THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS) to a blender or food processor. It’s best to blend on high until batter is smooth and creamy, making sure the oats are broken. This should take about 3 minutes.
3. By hand add the chocolate chips. (OPTIONAL: Top muffin with pumpkin seeds).
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops of your muffins are set. You can check by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the muffin and if it comes out clean they’re ready!
5. Cool muffins for about 10 minutes before enjoying!
Recipe makes 12 muffins
Protein: 3.5 grams
Sugars: 7.4 grams
Total Carbohydrates 18.5 grams / 6 % of you Daily Value
*Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
And there you have it folks, a very easy and healthy recipe that you will love (well I guess you’ll only love it if you’re into pumpkin flavored foods).
Side note: with every recipe you can definitely play around with it and substitute an ingredient for another. I know many of you are natural bakers and know a lot more than I do and if you substitute something that works for you comment below, let us all know!
Remember to TWEET @LEANERCREAMER on Twitter or TAG @LEANERCREAMER on Instagram and USE #LEANERCREAMER OR #LEANERCREAMERCREATIONS