Everyone enjoys a good Butternut Squash recipe!
What you need:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large white onion, diced
1 whole butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, peeled and shopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1 Tbsp maple syrup
¼-1/2 tsp salt (less if your stock is salted)
½ tsp curry powder
1/2 cup Leaner Liquid (3 ½ tsp Leaner Creamer for 4 fl. oz. hot water)
What you need to do:
- Remove membrane from squash using a peeler, halve, remove seeds and chop into 1 inch cubes. Chop onion, peel and chop carrot.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft and transparent.
- Turn heat down to medium low. Add stock, squash and carrot until squash is very soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully tilt pot and remove about 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Using extra caution, pour soup into your blender. Add maple syrup and curry powder. Blend on high for 1 minute. Soup should be very smooth with no lumps.
- Add leaner creamer and salt to taste. Blend once more just to incorporate.
- Garnish with a swirl of non-dairy sour cream or some finely chopped pecans.