Dark Chocolate Energy Balls!
Hey y’all! So this week’s recipe is a Dark Chocolate Energy Balls!! They’re absolutely delicious and so easy to make!!! (Which is wonderful because if you haven’t figured it out I’m a semi lazy person in the kitchen). So this recipe is perfect for that mid-afternoon slump where you just need a pick me upper or even for dessert! Either way I’m sure you’ll love these beauties!!
What you need:
1 ½ Cups Medjool Dates (Pitted)
1 Cup Walnuts (May Substitute with Pecans)
3 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Leaner Creamer
¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ Cup Quinoa Crispies
3 Oz Dark Chocolate
Flaked Sea Salt
What you need to do:
1. Using a food processor, process the dates until the dates are broken and sticky (should be about 30 seconds). Add the walnuts into the processor and process until they are completely grounded and look like they have mixed in with the dates.
2. With the processor running add the Cacao Powder, Leaner Creamer, Almond Butter, Maple Syrup, Sea Salt, and Cinnamon. DO NOT ADD THE QUINOA CRISPIES!
3. Continue to process until dough starts to form. You’ll know it’s ready when you can pinch it between your finger and it’ll stay together.
4. Pulse in the quinoa Crispies.
5. Form the dough into balls (golf size, it’ll be about 20 to 24 balls depending).
6. Place the balls on a lined baking sheet and set aside.
7. Melt the chocolate bar using the double boiler method and stirring while the chocolate melts.
8. Once the chocolate melts, dip the top of each ball into the chocolate and place the balls back onto the sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt!
9. Place the energy balls into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the chocolate can set.
10. Serve and enjoy!
There you have it a simple Dark Chocolate Energy Balls! They’re really cool and easy to make which makes it a five star in our Leaner Creamer book!
Hope you really enjoyed it, remember to comment below with your questions or concerns…
Remember to TWEET @LEANERCREAMER on Twitter or TAG @LEANERCREAMER on Instagram and USE #LEANERCREAMER OR #LEANERCREAMERCREATIONS!!!