Hey friends so recently I was staring at myself thinking holy shit balls I am smoking hot. Well actually I was staring at myself in the mirror and just pointing out all the things I’d rather change like:
- Clearer skin with less acne
- A beautiful smile
- Thinner arms
- Better hair
And to be honest this is a constant struggle that I just stare at myself and pick at all the wrong things I think are wrong with my body. And I know I’m not the only one because when I get with my friends at a certain point we’re sharing all the details we’d like to change. And I understand that the way you look at yourself and the feelings it brings up has to deal with your mental health and your overall well-being.
Also I know many of you will say, well it’s just a part of being a human. To dislike your physical traits because they’re not what you define as beautiful.
SO IT’S TIME TO CHANGE!
Here are some tips to help your mental health:
- Create a list of three things that you love about yourself
- Wear your favorite outfit (something that makes you feel like you can conquer the world, whether that’s a new lipstick or your favorite pair of sneakers or your favorite top)
- Look at yourself in the mirror and admire yourself, whether that means lying to yourself until you believe so be it (Which is true, sometimes saying things that you don’t believe about yourself for a long period of time will eventually help you believe in yourself)
- Instead of telling your friends what you dislike about yourself maybe get together and share what’s your favorite trait (Create a positive sharing circle)
Understand that although the tips won’t help you change physically there’s no need because once you exude that confidence you’ll be taking the world by storm.
If you have Body Dysmorphia please seek help because your mental health effects your physical health and can make you sick. AND I DO NOT WANT THAT FOR YOU.
HONESTLY I JUST WANT YOU TO LOVE YOURSELF AND BE AS HAPPY AS YOU CAN. AND I AM ROOTING FOR YOU.
Remember to comment any tips you’d like to share that helps your mental health!
TWEET @LEANERCREAMER on Twitter or TAG @LEANERCREAMER on Instagram!