Benefits to Working Out with a Buddy
By Jessica Williams
Having the right workout buddy can help take your workouts to the next level. They motivate, encourage, and push you to your limits. The right workout buddy can help you smash your fitness goals, so put on your workout gear, grab your best friend, and hit the gym!
- Workout buddies are great because they hold you accountable to working out. Planned a workout but don't feel up for it? They're sure to call you out. Want to grab a drink instead of grab the dumbells? Not on your workout buddy's watch! If you text them and say "Workout Thursday at 7pm?" then you're bound to be working out Thursday at 7pm.
- Workouts are more fun with a friend. Even pushups aren't so bad when your friend is keeping you laughing throughout. An hour workout feels like ten minutes because it feels less like a workout and more like a fun hangout session.
- You can try new workouts with your friend. They can show you how great the new ab workout they saw is, and you can show them how the new stationary machine works at the gym.
- They will make sure you maintain proper form. They can watch you as you do your workouts and make sure you are keeping a flat back when you plank, or going deep enough when you squat, and you can do the same for them. It's a win-win!
- Watching a friend power through a workout is inspiring. It's easier to do a hard workout when your friend does it too, because you'll want to be able to keep up. If they can do it, you can do it too, right?