Avocado Breakfast Bowl
By Jackeline Soto
So lately, I’ve been in a rush for breakfast and I’m running out of breakfast ideas. So I looked online and found this amazing recipe. It takes like two minutes to prep and gives me like 15 minutes of allowing me to move on with getting ready while it cooks!
It’s the best of both worlds. The cool part about this recipe is that each ingredient serves my body purpose!
- Promote brain health
- Healthy fatty acids
- Promotes blood flow to the brain
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts your memory
- Maintains high energy levels
- Has choline which helps build your memory
- Makes you feel happy
- Has lots of our essential vitamins
- High quality protein
- Raises the good cholesterol
- Promotes eye health
- One of the better foods for weight loss
- High in calcium
- Helps promote health function of the nervous system
- Some people believe that it can be heart healthy but much like other things, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing
Now for the recipe!
- 1 Avocado (Medium/Large)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Piece of cooked bacon
- 1 Tablespoon of cheese (preferably low fat)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half, and throw away the pit.
- Using a spoon, scoop out some avocado so it’s a bit bigger so your egg can fit.
Helpful Tip: Place in a muffin pan to secure the avocado in place.
- Crack your egg and add it into the avocado. Sprinkle in your cheese and a little bit of salt.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Cook for at least for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm!!