- Half of a cup of cake flour (gluten free flour may be substituted)
- Half of a cup of whole wheat white flour (gluten free flour may be substituted)
- One fourth of a cup of dark cocoa powder
- Two tablespoons of sugar (organic sugar may be substituted)
- Two tablespoons of natural sweetener
- Half of a teaspoon of baking powder
- Half of a teaspoon of baking soda
- One fourth of a cup of brewed coffee
- Two tablespoons of diluted leaner creamer mixture (mix leaner creamer with hot water to dilute, allow to cool before adding to mixture )
- One fourth of a cup of lactose free milk
- One large organic egg
- Two tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce
- Half of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A donut pan
- One fourth of a cup of powdered sugar
- Two tablespoon of coffee
- One to two teaspoons of leaner creamer mixture (diluted)
Set oven to 350 degrees F, lightly coat pan with non stick spray, set aside.
Whisk together both flours, cocoa powder, sugar, sweetener, baking powder, and baking spray in a medium bowl.
In a separate larger bowl, combine coffee, leaner creamer, milk, egg, applesauce and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix till they’re no more lumps.
Transfer to the donut pan of your choice, put in oven for 10 minutes or until inserted object comes out clean of donut mixture
Allow to cool
Mix ingredients of glaze, once donuts are completely cooled, drizzle over the top of each donut.