Hey friends! How was your week? I hope you had a great week! (My week did not go smoothly, school work is piling up, trying to coordinate with family for the holidays is stressful, and trying to add some exercise at night is getting difficult with the time change here. But other than that I feel it's still manageable!)
Either way as I digress, I am here to encourage you to workout. The holiday season cannot be used as an excuse to not workout and to not take care of yourself. THIS IS THE TIME WHEN YOU SHOULD BE PUTTING EXTRA EFFORT IN SELF-CARE!!! You can’t love others if you don’t love yourself enough to treat your body with the kindness it deserves!
So listed below are a few reasons why you should workout today!
*Disclaimer when I say workout I mean any physical activity, whether that’s going on a brisk walk, hiking, running, swimming, Zumba class, or kick boxing it’s up to you!*
1. Confidence! Yup, it’s quite simple. When you take care of yourself something inside you just breaks and you start to exude this confidence. For example, for me I’m a long distance runner but I’ve been wanting to try something a little different and that’s sprinting. So yesterday I ran my usual 5 miles and I was getting so bored so I decided to finally go for it. For the last half mile I sprinted and holy crap it was magical!!! I felt so strong and I’m definitely feeling the soreness right now but I am exuding this confidence that even my roommate noticed! So go ahead and challenge yourself a bit and venture out. YOU WON’T REGRET IT!
2. Fitness goals. YES! With every single workout you do you’ll be one step closer to your fitness goal! Bad workouts do not exist. If you tried your best there is no such thing as a bad workout!
3. Mentally Alert! Yes, sometimes you just need some physical activity to get rid of the fogginess that’s clouding your mind, I know I do. I can become very tiresome and sometimes it takes me longer to process information given to me in class or in everyday life situations and when sleep no longer helps I go for a quick run or I do about 15 minutes of yoga. Any activity will help!
4. It gets easier! With every workout you complete the easier the next one will be. You’ll start noticing the change. Obviously every workout will be a bit challenging but as time progresses you’ll notice that what you’re doing now you couldn’t have done a month ago and you’ll be like WOW GO ME à & YOU WILL EXUDE THAT CONFIDENCE!!!
5. You’ll make smarter choices when eating. Now I’m not saying don’t have that burger ever but because you are working out you’ll consciously start to portion control or you’ll begin to substitute an apple instead of having chips or maybe a smoothie instead of a shake. Small differences make big changes!
There you have it folks 5 simple reasons you should start to work out today!! Don’t wait, taking the first step is difficult and intimidating but you can do this. I believe in you!!!
Remember to TWEET @LEANERCREAMER on Twitter or TAG @LEANERCREAMER on Instagram and USE #LEANAF to show us how you work out!!!
Can’t wait to see how you all work out!!!!! (I’m always trying to find a new way to workout so I’m really excited!)