Tips To Grow Your Hair Out
Looking to grow out your locks now that it's summer? Well, then you're in luck! We've got all the haircare tips to keep your hair healthy and strong, so you can grow it out nice and long!
- Utilize protective hairstyles: Hairstyles like braids and buns are great for tucking your ends away, keeping them healthy and split-end free. This prevents breakage which can eat away at your hair's length... So while you're sleeping, working out, or lounging, try throwing your hair in a protective style to keep things nice and healthy!
- Make sure to deep-condition: Moisture is key for healthy, long locks. Coconut oil masks do wonders for deep-conditioning hair. Just melt some coconut oil in your hands, run it through the ends of your hair, tie your hair in a bun, and let it soak for a few hours or overnight. In the morning, shampoo thoroughly to ensure you rinse out all the oil, then enjoy your healthy hair! This helps it grow by keeping it strong and preventing breakage!
- Take a break from your hot tools. If you can help it, save the heated tools for only special occasions. Applying heat to your fragile hair can dry it out and compromise the condition of your hair, leading to dryness, brittleness, and breakage. By limiting your hot tool exposure to once a week, you will be giving your hair a much needed break to help it grow to it's fullest potential.
- Try biotin. If you really want to bump up your hair's length quickly, then look into purchasing a biotin supplement. Biotin can increase the speed your hair grows, as well as the quality, so it's a great tool for people trying to increase the speed at which their hair grows!
- Get a trim. This may sound counterintuitive... after all, how could cutting your hair make it longer? But trimming off dead and dying hair actually prevents split ends from making their way up your hair shaft, leading to it breaking even further up than it needs to. A trim every 6 to 8 weeks proves very beneficial to those trying to grow their hair out to be long and healthy.
- Try a scalp massage. Scalp massages are awesome because they increase blood flow to the head, which in turn stimulates hair growth. This leads to, you guessed it, healthier, longer hair! Try massaging your head with your fingers for five minutes a day.
- Be gentle with it. If you want your hair to grow, you have to make sure you aren't manhandling it until it breaks. Brushing gently instead of ripping through knots, not pulling or tugging on your hair, or otherwise whipping it around will only cause more unnecessary damage to your hair.