Most days we often hear about mental health and how we should take care of our mental health but do you know what it actually is?
Mental health is regarding a person’s psychological and emotional well-being. And this can be taken care of in a multitude of way because everyone’s well-being is different and we’re all in different stages of well-being.
Why is it important today?
Well it’s October 10, and today is NATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS DAY. Besides mental health being acknowledged today nationwide, your mental health is important every day! I know it can be difficult to live in a society that doesn’t recognize mental illnesses in the same capacity as physical illnesses but today it’s different. Today is meant to be used as a day to teach others that your well-being emotionally and mentally is just as important as your physical well-being.
What are some possible early warning signs?
- Severe mood swings (like severe enough where it’s starting to affect your everyday relationships)
- Thinking of harming yourself (Please don’t harm yourself there are lots of ways that the feeling of self-hate can be manageable. Please seek help)
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs as a way to cope
- Feeling confused, anxious, on edge, worried
- Keeping to yourself, low energy
If you are experiencing any of the early signs there can be a possibility that you may be experiencing some trouble.
What are the benefits of taking care of yourself mentally and emotionally?
- Feel self-worth as you’re recognizing your full potential
- You can work more productively
- Can begin to cope with stress
- Can build meaningful relationships
- Can begin to help others
Honestly, everyone here at the Leaner Creamer Headquarters just wants you to be the best you can be. And if that means taking a few minutes, hours or days out of your life to really focus on yourself then do ahead and do it. Just know as long as you’re helping yourself your Leaner Creamer Family has your back!
Please take care of your mental and emotional well-being.
If you need to seek help please go to: https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/index.html