DIY Healthy Snickers
Eating chocolate shouldn't be a crime, but the extra calories and added ingredients in them definitely should be. But hey, what's a girl to do? Well, leave it to us over here at Leaner Creamer to find the best of both worlds. A yummy, homemade version of Snickers that isn't filled with nasty additives. You can thank us later.
The recipe is as easy as it is delicious, requiring only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Drumroll please...
- 10 dates
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Mocha Leaner Creamer
1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Place all dates in a bowl, and cover with hot water. Let sit for fifteen minutes.
2. Place dates in a blender, and add 2 tablespoons of the water. Blend until smooth.
3. Slice bananas. Set on baking sheet.
4. Cover the top of each banana with peanut butter, and then the date mixture. Freeze for an hour.
5. Melt chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until creamy.
6. Once smooth, add 1 tablespoon of Mocha Leaner Creamer, and mix until fully combined.
7. Remove bananas from freezer and dip completely in the mixture. Place back on the baking sheet.
8. Freeze for 1 hour.
9. Store in freezer and enjoy!