Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
By Jessica Williams
What better than eating chocolate? Eating chocolate and finding out it actually has a ton of health benefits! Dark chocolate is a delicious and nutritious snack for many people, and readily available at any grocery store. It can be eaten with fruit, in desserts, or with wine! Here are some of the amazing health benefits that dark chocolate offers:
- Dark chocolate helps protect the body from free radicals. Free radicals can be damaging to the body and are acquired through smoking, pollution, cigarette smoke, and herbicides, amongst other things. The antioxidants in chocolate help to protect against these!
- Dark chocolate has potential cancer-fighting effects. The American Cancer Institute even supports the idea that the rich supply of flavonoids can have positive effects on those looking to protect against cancer.
- Those same flavonoids have positive effects on heart health, meaning that dark chocolate can keep your blood pressure low and improve blood flow to the heart.
- Dark chocolate can help control cholesterol.
- Dark chocolate can help boost memory and cognitive function.