You love your coffee in the morning to wake you up, but what should you be drinking at night? Ending your day with a glass of hot lemon water has tons of delicious benefits that you never even knew of... and we're listing them all right here!
- It promotes deeper sleep: Lemon water helps the body balance itself, allowing it to feel relaxed for bedtime. Relaxation leads to deeper, more restful sleep... so make sure to drink up!
- Flush toxins from your body: Water is great at flushing toxins from your body, and adding lemon to your glass pumps it up to another level. As a natural diuretic, lemon water is a great thing for those people trying to rid themselves of nasty buildup in their bodies!
- Stave off dehydration: We all know that being dehydrated affects every function in your body, so by drinking lemon water you can keep your hydration levels at their proper points. Drink up!
- Aids in digestion: Lemon water helps to regulate bowel movements and improve digestion. Those who are constipated could see benefits in drinking lemon water every day. In addition, it can help improve the body's uptake of nutrients, giving it an added little beneficial edge.
- Boost immunity: The vitamin C that is provided by lemon water is a necessary ingredient in healthy immune function. If you're looking to strengthen your immunity (which, lets be honest, we could ALL use with cold and flu season here) grab a glass of lemon water before bed and rest easy.
- Good for your skin: Proper water intake helps keep your skin looking its best. Dehydrated skin looks dull and less plump, because skin cells consist of water. Pretty skin on the outside starts on the inside... so drink up!