15 Easy Time Management Tips
Let's get real, we could all use a few more hours in the day. While it might not be possible to grind 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, you can follow these 15 simple tips to make the most out of the time you do have today. They're quick, easy steps that will make you feel like a superhero while you power through your routine!
- Wake up an hour earlier than you usually do, and go to bed an hour later.
- Write a to-do list for the day in the morning.
- Schedule your day as accurately as possible, and include time slots for how long certain activities should take.
- Turn your phone on 'do not disturb' mode while partaking in tasks that require your full attention.
- Dedicate a specific space for working -- be it your office, your desk, or the local coffee shop.
- Prepare adequately -- make sure you have all the supplies you need before tackling tasks.
- Delegate the small tasks.
- Learn how to ask for help if you need it.
- Give yourself breaks to avoid losing energy.
- Eat healthy meals, hydrate, and include time for exercise and sleeping so that you can operate at your best.
- Make a daily, weekly, and monthly goals list, and put it somewhere you can see it.
- Be realistic with your productivity expectations -- overcommitting or multi-tasking will be detrimental in the long run!
- If it takes five minutes or less to complete, do it now!
- Try to do the hard stuff first.
- Write everything down -- in your phone, on a pad of paper, wherever -- but don't rely on just your memory to keep everything straight!