What I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out
By Jessica Williams
- The scale is just a number. Not only that, but weighing 140 lbs looks different depending on the person. People vary in height, body fat percentage, and where they put their weight on. No number will ever define you!
- There is no magic diet or special pill--NOTHING but hard work and consistency will get you the results you want. No shortcuts here!
- It's easier to work out if you find an exercise that you love. So pick up that tennis racket or surfboard, and go have fun (and get healthy)!
- Everyone has a bad day or week. Sometimes, you need that cheesecake. Other times, going to the gym is the most impossible thing in the world. We all go through it--don't worry if you feel that way, or have to take a few off days to get back into the groove of things.
- Being healthy is an every day thing. You have to try every day if you want to see results.
- Celebrate your little victories! Lost an inch off your waist? Call your mom and tell her! Finally ran a 5k? Buy that lipstick you've been wanting as a reward! You deserve to feel good about your accomplishments, and doing so will help motivate you to keep going!