Roasted Vegetable Soup
What is fall without butternut squash and sweet potato!! Lucky for you this recipe contains both of those healthy ingredients turned into a soup that will keep you warm and content in these cold days to come. Not to mention that this soup is dairy-free, for all of you who can’t have dairy in your diet!
Here’s the recipe:
Prep: 25mins Cook: 30mins Servings: 4 main/8 side-dish
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 large peeled and very coarsely chopped sweet potato
- 1 large peeled and thickly sliced parsnip
- 1 medium sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vegetarian bouillon mix (or any seasoning of your choice)
- 3 cups of water
- 12 fluid oz of almond milk
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ - ½ tsp finely chopped fresh sage
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line shallow roasting pan with foil.
2 Place squash, sweet potato, parsnip, leek and garlic in pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with bouillon; toss to coat.
3 Bake for 15minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
4 Puree half of roasted vegetable with about 1 ½ cups water in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth or until desired consistency. Add more water as needed for processing. Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat with remaining vegetables and remaining water.
5 Stir in evaporated milk, crushed red pepper, and sage. Heat over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve with pepitas sprinkled over top.