Lasagna is always a family favorite, so why not add a little seasonal flavor to it! Introducing a Pumpkin Lasagna with Mushrooms and Spinach that is both nutritious and filled with the flavors of fall. Surely, will become a family seasonal favorite!!
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time 30mins Cooking Time 45mins Makes 6 servings
● 1 tablespoon coconut oil
● 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
● 1 small onion, chopped
● 2 cups fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
● ½ teaspoon salt, divided
● 1 cup pure pumpkin
● ⅔ cup (5fl.-oz. can) evaporated low-fat 2% milk
● 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
● ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
● pinch of ground nutmeg
● 6 no-cook lasagna noodles, divided
● 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, divided
● 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
● ¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded or grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. HEAT oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and ¼ teaspoon salt; stir until spinach is wilted. REMOVE from heat.
2 Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sage, pepper, remaining salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Spread ¼ cup pumpkin sauce onto the bottom of the dish. Top with 2 noodles, overlapping slightly. Spread ½ cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the mushroom-spinach mixture, ½ cup ricotta cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining 2 noodles and sauce. Cover with foil or lid.
3 Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with reaming parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and light golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.