If you’re trying to lose weight but aren’t seeing results, you’re not alone. In fact, most people who try to lose weight don’t see the results they were expecting right away. When it feels like you’re doing everything right and still not seeing results, it’s easy to want to throw in the towel. Before you give up, read these common mistakes and try to fix your routine.
1. You’re too focused on the scale. If you’re someone that only measures your weight loss success based on your scale weight, give yourself a break. The number on the scale is only one measure of weight change. Your weight is also influenced by fluid functions (water retention), hormonal changes and how much food is in your system. You could also be losing fat and gaining muscle. Try measuring your waist with a tape measure instead of focusing on the scale.
2. You’re eating unhealthy low-fat or “diet” foods. A lot of products will try to disguise themselves as being “diet” foods with low-fat but are loaded with sugars to improve the taste. Don’t fall for this, read labels and choose foods that are nutritious and minimally processed. Even your coffee creamer is something to look out for. Switch to a healthy option like Leaner Creamer that’s sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, keto-friendly contains zero processed flavors and is made with a natural coconut oil.
3. You’re not eating enough protein. The amount of protein you consume when trying to lose weight is important. This is because protein helps to reduce appetite by increasing the feeling of being full. It also decreases calorie intake, increases metabolic rate and protects muscle mass.
4. You’re eating too often. Although some advise to eat smaller meals throughout the day, if you’re not careful you could be consuming too many calories. Try to eat when you’re hungry and only when you’re hungry to avoid excess calories.
5. You have unrealistic expectations. Losing weight takes time and work. Don’t give up if you don’t see results right away. Trust that if you put in mental and physical work to lose weight, you will start to see results. Never compare your progress to others, your body is unique and results won’t be the same as others. Be patient and have faith!