It's essential for good health, but you're probably not drinking enough of it. But there are ways to sneak more water into your daily diet without even realizing it! And it's simpler than you think.
Proper hydration is vital for good health. Your body needs between 30 and 50 ounces of fluid every day to maintain healthy functioning. Our bodies are made of water, and water is necessary for every bodily function that we have. In addition to that, drinking enough water will help keep your skin, hair, and nails looking the best they can, so you can shine on the outside like you do on the inside!
Here are some tips to sneak more water into your day:
- Eat water rich foods: Cucumber, Lettuce, Celery, Radishes, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Cauliflower, Watermelon, Spinach, Strawberries, Broccoli, Grapefruit, Apricots, Cherries, Grapes, and Zucchini all contain loads of water, and can help you to stay hydrated just by snacking! Just remember that when you cook food, you dry out it's water content, so you will want to enjoy these tasty treats raw if you want all the hydration benefits.
- Flavor your water: You won't mind drinking water if you love the taste! Infuse your water with lemon, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, cucumbers, or anything you please! Or, throw a teabag in some hot water and have yourself a nice cup of tea. You'll be reaching for your cup more and more, and your tastebuds will thank you.
- Drink a glass right after you wake up, and right before you go to bed: One glass of water doesn't sound so hard, right? And since you need about 8 glasses a day, drinking a glass after waking up and before going to bed already gets you 1/4 of the way to your goal! It's also great because your body loses hydration as you sleep, so you can give yourself some hydration before you sleep, and replenish what was lost when you wake up.
- Trade your soda for a water: Next time you have lunch, do away with the soft drinks and have a water instead. Replacing your liquids with water will help your body in the long run.
- ...or compromise: If you simply cannot do without your soda or juices, then come to a compromise. For every soda you drink, have a water alongside it. That way, you can have the best of both worlds.
- Keep a water bottle with you: Wherever you go, keep your water bottle handy. You're more likely to drink if you have your water bottle at the ready. Bring it with you to work, to the gym, in your car, and leave it on your bedside table. You'll be increasing your water consumption before you know it!
What's your favorite flavor of infused water to drink? Let us know in the comments below!