How To Stop Skipping Your Daily Workouts
How to Stop Skipping Your Workouts
Face it: sometimes, the process of waking up and getting to the gym just plain sucks. On days like these, you might be tempted to skip your workout. On other days, you feel like you just don't have the time to get all the way to the gym to fit a workout in, and then you decide to save it for tomorrow. We've heard it all before, and we're here to help! Today, we're giving our best tips on how to stop skipping your workouts! Here they are!
- Hold yourself accountable: One of the best ways to keep yourself going back to the gym is by holding yourself accountable. By tracking your progress with apps or devices like fitbits, you're more likely to feel responsible for going out and getting a workout in. Another way to stay accountable is by having a friend do it for you. If you've got someone else nagging you to get up and get active, you're more likely to actually do it!
- Make it easy: Sometimes, half the battle is just getting to the gym. So, why not make it as easy as possible? Sleep in your gym clothes, so in the morning you literally just have to get up and get out. Apply for a gym that's close to where you live, rather than one that's a trek to get to. Pack your gym bag the day before. Make it impossible to have excuses.
- The 10 minute rule: We've talked about it on the blog before in this post because this tip really works. Committing to ten minutes instead of a full-blast workout just might be the key to getting you active. Who knows? Ten minutes might just turn into a full hour before you know it!
- Check your inspo: Do you have an inspiration board? If not, go make one! Every time you feel a little less than motivated, go check it and remind yourself why you do what you do. It's the kick in the butt to get you out the door!
- Look at it from a different perspective: When all else fails, look at it from a different perspective. Instead of seeing a workout as a grueling, intense pain in the butt, look at it as a chance to grow. Turn "I don't want to work out because it's hard and painful", see it as "I want to work out because it is time I get to myself to become a better me". Attitude is everything!
What are your best tips for making sure you don't skip your workouts? Let us know in the comments below!