7 Healthier Halloween Tips
Candy and caramel corn and sweet treats, oh my! We LOVE Halloween here at Leaner Creamer, so naturally, we put our own #leaner spin on things to pack a healthier punch without all the junk. Check out our 7 best healthier Halloween tips right here!
1. Curb your sweet tooth with fruit: Drink a healthy fruit smoothie or munch on some sliced strawberries before you break open the candy bag. This way, you'll have satisfied your sweet tooth, and will feel less tempted to reach for the chocolate instead. May we suggest this awesome Pina Colada Smoothie recipe?
2. Don't put the candy out until the last minute: Putting the candy bowl out in the morning is a rookie mistake. Hold out until the last minute before putting the candy bowl out. Less time = less temptation.
3. Moderation is key: A good way to keep an eye on how much you've been eating is by leaving the empty candy wrappers out where you can see them. It's easy to lose track after that fifth Snickers... or was it your sixth?
4. Focus on the aspects that aren't food related: Halloween isn't all about the candy or the food, so don't make it that way. Most of the fun comes from the costumes, parties, decorations, and crafts. Adjust your mindset from food to fun, and you'll find it easier to stick to eating clean rather than eating mean.
5. Buy candy that you won't eat: It's a lot easier to prevent yourself from munching on the candy you're handing out when it's not up your alley. If you don't like almonds, hand out Almond Joys. If peanut butter makes you gag, then pick those up at the store instead. You'll find the temptation is much easier to manage this way.
6. Don't keep it for more than a night if you don't have kids: Donate your extra candy to a Children's Hospital the day after Halloween comes to a close. Purging your house of candy is a foolproof way to cut down on the munchies, and you'll be doing a great thing for kids who may not have had a chance to trick or treat!
7. Keep the pumpkin seeds: Roasted pumpkin seeds are a healthy, tasty, easy snack! When you carve pumpkins, don't throw them out. Season them with salt and pop them in the oven for a festive snack that won't leave you feeling left out.
What's your favorite healthy Halloween tip? Let us know in the comments below!